If your team needs to understand fundamental principles, build upon skills they already have or receive practical and incisive updates, we offer a range of services to help keep you up-to-date.
From our free monthly newsletter and our LawSkills Monthly Digest to in-house training and conferences, our expertise is recognised through the industry.
Private client departments benefit from our quality teaching and flexible delivery, whether apprentices, recently qualified or experienced practitioners, we have content that will benefit your organisation. We can tailor training courses to meet your specific needs.
- Cost-effective – Training and methods of delivery will be designed to suit your budget.
- Personalised – Using your policies and procedures, we can design examples and case studies to suit you.
- Flexible – We offer blended and personalised delivery methods matched to your ability and experience encouraging best practice from junior to more ‘seasoned’ practitioners.
Subscribe to our comprehensive monthly digest for insightful feedback on Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax, Elderly & Vulnerable client matters
If you're not able to undertake regular training to keep competent subscribing to the LawSkills Monthly Digest will enable you to sleep at night in the knowledge you have kept aware of the developments in this area of law.
All for only £98 + VAT per year.
We deliver off-the-shelf and bespoke training courses which can be delivered in exactly the way that suits your the level of experience of your team – and all at your preferred location.
- Instructor-led discussions – covering topics of specific relevance or areas of particular concern; testing and applying knowledge
- Facilitated, topical discussions – For instance, analysing potential problem areas and sharing useful experience between staff in an open environment
- Pre-course webinars, notes and posts – useful to identify topics and questions to answer during the training day(s)
- Multiple-choice and test questionnaires – designed to gauge knowledge levels and confidence in particular areas of law both before and after training
Professional Bodies & Membership Organisations
We provide training to many of the legal profession’s associations, local law societies and independent groups in England & Wales, helping them to stay up-to-date on a range of private client subjects as well as gain expert opinion and advice. Let us contribute to your training programme.
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- The Law Society
- Local Law Societies
- Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
If you would prefer a more individual approach to consultancy then you can engage Gill for one-to-one or team coaching.
- Develop an up-to-date understanding of specific topics
- Set goals and achieve them
- Learn new skills for personal growth and professional advancement
- Focus and challenge your thinking
- Manage your time to free up more space to work with clients
- Get the most out of your staff by building and coaching a high performance, self-motivated team
With an MBA in Legal Practice Management, Gill can help you with challenges across the full spectrum of practice management, to help streamline processes, improve communication and improve the bottom line:
- Business planning
- Business strategy
- Change management
- Legal issues
- Operational issues
- Team leadership
If you are looking for a speaker with a reputation for excellence who can present eloquently on matters related to Private Client practice, then our very own Gill Steel can deliver.
Gill, who is well known on the circuit as an extremely knowledgeable and inspirational speaker, has spoken at over 1000 events with regular engagements throughout the country. With her compelling explanation of the subject matter using up-to-date and relevant examples, your delegates will be fully engaged and will leave the event with a practical understanding of the subject, inspired to build on their learning.
I just wanted to thank you again for such a wonderful and informative day. Hands down, that is the best CPD course I have ever been on especially with all the other resources you provided
My members have been going to Gill’s courses over many years now and have always found her excellent; she has a very high reputation amongst the profession. Sessions are about the right length with excellent written material provided too; I would definitely use her again for training.
"The presentation was extremely useful. Gill was able to ensure the whole department was engaged and could answer any questions we asked. I would have no hesitation in using Gill again and recommending her to others."
“Thanks to Gill Steel for a great presentation at our recent conference. The feedback we received from the delegates was very positive, with 95% marking the presentation and quality of notes as good/excellent. I will have no hesitation in booking Gill again for events at Liverpool Law Society”
As to quality versus quantity of CPD this is a bugbear since it becomes difficult for the seasoned practitioner to find enticing courses to go to. Lawskills' ones are always terrific though!!!