Bloomsbury Professional – providing content and support for Private Clients
Bloomsbury Professional are an established publisher of high quality books, digital products and events for lawyers, tax practitioners, accountants and business professionals.
Our portfolio of titles provides valuable content written by prestigious authors, editors and contributors, meaning you can rely on the quality of the information you are using and therefore make complex decisions with confidence.
Since 2018 we have been producing industry-focused events and 2020 is no different; though at the same time very different due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted in us taking our established face-to-face events into the virtual world. The next event in our portfolio is the Private Client Taxation Conference taking place in November.
The LawSkills Monthly Digest
Subscribe to our comprehensive Monthly Digest for insightful feedback on Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client matters
Not complicated to read | Requires no internet searching | Simply an informative pdf emailed to your inbox including practice points & tips
Subscribe now for monthly insightful feedback on key issues.
All for only £120 + VAT per year
(£97.50 for 10+)
This full-day event will be essential viewing for accountants, tax practitioners and tax lawyers advising high net worth individuals. Anyone who attends will benefit from high quality sessions presented by recognised and well-regarded speakers; covering a range of subjects including UK and cross border trust, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning, family investment companies, residence and domicile cases and dealing with HMRC enquiries.
Speakers on the day will be:
- Chris Erwood, who is also the chair, a highly technical and well respected tax practitioner with over 35 years’ practical experience in the field of taxation.
- Deborah Clark, a partner at Mills & Reeve LLP, with over 30 years’ experience working in both accountancy (big 4) and law firms and advising on both personal and corporate tax matters.
- Jonathan Schwarz, a barrister at Temple Tax Chambers focusing on international tax disputes as counsel and as an expert and advising on solving cross-border tax problems.
- Julie Bell, a private client solicitor specialising in all aspects of private client law, including wills, inheritance tax planning, trust creation and administration.
- Peter Rayney, an independent tax consultant advising owner-managed companies, accountants, lawyers and tax practitioners on a wide range of tax issues.
- Craig Aspinall, a Senior Manager in BDO’s tax team specialising in resolving tax disputes with HMRC.
- Jacquelyn Kimber, a Tax Partner at Newby Castleman LLP Chartered Accountants with over 20 years’ experience.
- Dawn Register, a Chartered Tax Adviser and STEP member.
If you are interested in attending the Private Client Taxation Conference please visit the website to view the full programme for the day and to purchase a ticket – www.bloomsburyprofessionaltax.com/pcconf
Other events we currently host which may be of interest include the Taxation of Owner-Managed Businesses Conference, the Property Tax Conference and the Family Law Conference.
As well as events, Bloomsbury Professional are more traditionally a publisher and we produce many books and online services that cover the areas of Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and the Elderly and Vulnerable. Here are just some of those titles:
Parker’s Will Precedents
Recommended by the Institute of Professional Willwriters, Parker’s Will Precedents is a well-established and highly regarded publication, renowned for its clarity of drafting. Parker’s Will Precedents provides private client solicitors and professional will drafters with a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the will drafting process and, as a result, the ability to draft better wills.
Trusts and Estates 2020/21
A practical and accessible reference book that provides clear guidance on compliance and operation under current law and is indispensable when starting, running or ending a trust, or dealing with a deceased’s estate.
Capital Gains Tax 2020/21
Taking on a practical approach to the subject and concentrating on the most commonly found transactions and reliefs, Capital Gains Tax 2020/21 is an invaluable title for those who deal with capital gains tax on a regular basis.
Inheritance Tax 2020/21
Provides a clearly structured analysis of the major inheritance tax (IHT) provisions together with the tips and planning techniques needed to apply them successfully and to avoid potential pitfalls.
Financial Abuse of Older Clients: Law, Practice and Prevention
As the only practitioner title with detailed practical guidance and advice in this area, this is a comprehensive work written by a private client solicitor who has 30 years’ experience of practice, and is a regular speaker at conferences on the subject. No professional faced with this ever-increasing area of law, should be without it.
For full details of these books and everything else that Bloomsbury Professional produce, please visit our website www.bloomsburyprofessional.com
FREE monthly newsletter
Wills | Probate | Trusts | Tax | Elderly & Vulnerable Client
- Relevant learning and development opportunities
- News, articles and LawSkills’ services
- Communications which help you find appropriate training in your area