Unoccupied Property – finding insurance
Services for solicitors explained
As a market-unique property insurer, Unoccupied Direct has been designed to provide the best possible insurance cover for unoccupied properties. Its closely-knit team works directly with solicitors, executors and attorneys or deputies to provide a means of comprehensively insuring the unoccupied properties of their clients or loved ones during estate administration.
It can be tricky to find the right cover when it comes to unoccupied properties, as they often come with extra risks that occupied homes do not. When it comes to working with clients who might not be the owners, but are likely to be beneficiaries, executors, attorneys or deputies insuring on behalf of someone who may not have the capacity to do so can result in errors. This can include not being able to find the correct information about a property during the quotation process; the homeowner not always being the policyholder; or drastically reduced cover, which can ultimately result in claims not being paid, or being inadequate.
Unoccupied Direct’s services help solicitors to enable those who need it most to insure the property for or on behalf of a loved one easily online, with a supportive team on hand to help throughout the process. To solve the problems that many solicitors, executors attorneys or deputies face when insuring an unoccupied home, Unoccupied Direct’s product has:
FREE monthly newsletter
Wills | Probate | Trusts | Tax | Elderly & Vulnerable Client
- Relevant learning and development opportunities
- News, articles and LawSkills’ services
- Communications which help you find appropriate training in your area
- No inspection clause (so there’s no need to spend time on endless visits to the property)
- No excess to pay, on any claims
- Only four questions to input about the property in question, so you don’t need to spend time searching for any complex or hard to find information
- Full £1m Buildings and £10k Contents cover as standard, at no extra cost to the premium
- Every policy comes with comes with a Guarantee of Insurance, meaning your professional indemnity insurance can be protected against potential claims against you
- We’ll provide cover for any UK Residential property
- A range of durations offered – choose your cover to last for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months, with hassle free renewals, or pro-rata returns on all 9 and 12 month policies
- Credit accounts and straightforward payment and direct debit options available
After 20 years of industry experience, Unoccupied Direct’s parent company, Vasek Insurance, created Unoccupied Direct in order to provide a bespoke service for an area of the market in need of a product to better suit those who need it most. Some of our testimonials so far:
“The client I gave your firm’s details to just emailed me to say he insured his late aunt’s property with you and said he received a very good service. Thought you’d like to know!”
“Excellent customer service from Theo.” – K
“Thank you very much for your excellent service both in taking out the insurance and cancelling it for us. Unoccupied Direct have given us an outstanding service and we will have no hesitation to recommend your company to anyone else.” – Mr B
“Thanks for dealing so promptly and efficiently with this Chris, I wish every company I dealt with had your level of professionalism. It has made dealing with this part of my aunt’s estate so much easier at a very difficult time.” – Sue
“Once again may I take this opportunity to thank you for the kind attention you have afforded us throughout this most difficult period. Your thoughtfulness and efficient service in particular has been very much appreciated.” – Mr W.
The LawSkills Monthly Digest
Subscribe to our comprehensive Monthly Digest for insightful feedback on Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client matters
Not complicated to read | Requires no internet searching | Simply an informative pdf emailed to your inbox including practice points & tips
Subscribe now for monthly insightful feedback on key issues.
All for only £120 + VAT per year
(£97.50 for 10+)