The OPG has announced its fee increases following the consultation which took place earlier in the year. With effect from 1 October 2011 the new fees are as follows:
- An increase in the LPA/EPA Application to Register fee from £120 to £130.
- The introduction of a new ‘Repeat Application Fee’ of £65 each time an LPA is resubmitted to the OPG within 3 months of the invalid application being sent back to the applicant.
- The cessation of the production of LPA office copies by the OPG, except in extreme and limited circumstances, and for a fee of £35.
- The removal of the Application to search the Registers fee.
- The replacement of Type 1, 2A and 2 supervision fees with a flat fee of £320.
- The introduction of an administration fee of £35 (to which exemptions will be available) for those requiring the minimal level of supervision.
- The rise of the maximum threshold of capital for those cases qualifying for minimal supervision from £16,000 to £21,000 over a period of 4 years.
- The introduction of a new Fee Remissions policy of 50% for those who have a gross income of up to £12,000.
- The renaming of a number of OPG Fees in order to make it clearer what they cover.
The Government’s Response is available to view on the Ministry of Justice Website via the below link:
The LawSkills Monthly Digest
Subscribe to our comprehensive Monthly Digest for insightful feedback on Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client matters
Not complicated to read | Requires no internet searching | Simply an informative pdf emailed to your inbox including practice points & tips
Subscribe now for monthly insightful feedback on key issues.
All for only £120 + VAT per year
(£97.50 for 10+)