The Ministry of Justice is consulting on increasing Court Fees including the cost of applying for probate – see https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital-communications/court-fees-proposals-for-reform/consult_view.
About Gill Steel
Tel: 01962 776442
Gill is a compelling seminar and conference speaker both in house and at public events with a strong gift for making Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax practical, engaging, authoritative and informative. For Private Client Practitioners & Team Leaders Gill offers off-the-shelf & bespoke training for individuals, organisations and local and national professional bodies.
Tag Archives | Probate
Most firms conducting probate work continue to be busy despite the recession although converting enquiries into confirmed cases is increasingly challenging as personal representatives look keenly at prices and levels of service. What follows represents recent additional challenges in this area:
All Article Categories
Keep In Touch
If you like what you see, why not subscribe to our free newsletter today?
Or, follow our LinkedIn Page:
- Negligence & tax abuse – what should you do about tax advice? September 18, 2014
- Inheritance Tax in the spotlight September 18, 2014
- Can allegedly negligent draftsmen obtain rectification without admitting a mistake September 17, 2014
- Gathering facts and evidence in IPFD cohabitant claims September 15, 2014
- The real-world and what is a big trust fund? September 12, 2014
- The SRA decides to abolish CPD from November 2016 – what now? May 29, 2014
- Are you protecting yourself from computer risks? July 15, 2014
- New Planning Rules – Do all farm buildings need BPR? July 22, 2014
- The practical difficulties following the decision in Simon v Byford July 31, 2014
- Wills fraud & validity – what to look out for August 8, 2014
“I and eight of my team viewed the [Reduced Rate of IHT] video this morning and were very impressed, not only with Gill’s presentation and the helpful add-ons but with the complicated nature of the subject matter! ”
Gill's course notes are easy to use and understand and act as reference material for us in the officeRachel Brooks, Head of Private Client, Blake Lapthorn
Of the LawSkills webinar - Wills Made following 2nd Marriages the Wealth Team at Boyes Turner say ‘Yes clear and concise, we all thought it was very informative. We like their webinars’! ‘I thought it was excellent. It covered my queries generally and raised things I need to probably be more aware of – potential conflict between a couple in their second marriage where both have children’.Wealth Protection Team, Boyes Turner LLP
Clear guidance on a complex subject. Well balanced presentation; good timingMike Dawes, Surrey STEP
Gill Steel is clearly the answer for those of use who enjoy a straightforward, concise approach to training!Jenny Watson, Boyes Turner
...quotes from a major client
- Gill's presentational skills were excellent. It was great to have a speaker who knows the subject inside out.
- Nobody in their right mind could get excited about Trusts but Gill managed to make a dry subject interesting.
- ...excellent thanks largely to the ability of the presenter [Gill] to communicate and explain complex issues so effectively (clear evidence of her extensive knowledge and understanding of the subject matter)