The Ministry of Justice is consulting on increasing Court Fees including the cost of applying for probate – see https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital-communications/court-fees-proposals-for-reform/consult_view.
About Gill Steel
Tel: 01962 776442
Gill is a compelling seminar and conference speaker both in house and at public events with a strong gift for making Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax practical, engaging, authoritative and informative. For Private Client Practitioners & Team Leaders Gill offers off-the-shelf & bespoke training for individuals, organisations and local and national professional bodies.
Tag Archives | Probate
Most firms conducting probate work continue to be busy despite the recession although converting enquiries into confirmed cases is increasingly challenging as personal representatives look keenly at prices and levels of service. What follows represents recent additional challenges in this area:
All Article Categories
Keep In Touch
If you like what you see, why not subscribe to our free newsletter today?
Or, follow our LinkedIn Page:
- Are your clients being forced to pay IHT whilst alive? What’s it all about? August 27, 2014
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TLATA 1996) Claims August 26, 2014
- The dangers of drafting trust documents without direct input from the settlor August 14, 2014
- Wills fraud & validity – what to look out for August 8, 2014
- The practical difficulties following the decision in Simon v Byford July 31, 2014
- Are you up to date with the changes to capital gains tax? May 8, 2014
- Book review: “Urgent Applications in the Court of Protection” June 26, 2014
- Improving Efficiency Without Diluting Quality in a Private Client department July 2, 2014
- Removal from jurisdiction – which court decides? July 2, 2014
- Book Review of A Modern Approach to Lifetime Tax Planning for Private Clients (with precedents) July 10, 2014
“I and eight of my team viewed the [Reduced Rate of IHT] video this morning and were very impressed, not only with Gill’s presentation and the helpful add-ons but with the complicated nature of the subject matter! ”
...quotes from a major client
- Gill's presentational skills were excellent. It was great to have a speaker who knows the subject inside out.
- Nobody in their right mind could get excited about Trusts but Gill managed to make a dry subject interesting.
- ...excellent thanks largely to the ability of the presenter [Gill] to communicate and explain complex issues so effectively (clear evidence of her extensive knowledge and understanding of the subject matter)
Course notes combined with Gill's clear and thorough presentation - nothing is left muddled and all questions answered most helpfullyKimberley Downton, Charles Russell LLP
These [course materials] are absolutely excellent, as always. On time, on message and spot on too; an exemplar to other speakers!Adrian Miller, Branch Secretary, West of England STEP Branch
Gill regularly presents courses for us and delegates really appreciate her practical, focussed guidanceGillian Ellis, Administrator, Kent Law Society
The lecture was well received by all who attended, there was so much to take in, but Gill, as always, presented it in a way which makes it easier to grasp. Her notes are also most comprehensive and helpful.Chris Howard, on behalf of STEP Suffolk & North Essex